I'am not longer available to do any form of process control implementation work i.e. design, implement, and test process control programs
On the other hand if you need consultancy it is still possible to get advice on a day by day, all expenses paid (except if you are "family"), basis
Short Range Objective
Consultant for short and long term solutions with automation projects.
Write me an e-mail:
- If you need brainstorming about software strategies
- If you need advice with the following software tools:
Excell, Access, Visual Basic, SQL.
- If you want to make a homepage
Long Range Objective
Consultant in the batch oriented process control industry. Preferable in the following sectors:
- Chemical, Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical and Pulp and Paper.
Employment & Experience
Independent Consultant - 1997 - Now
All following projects are with Honeywell TDC3000 process control computer systems.
- Procter and Gamble - Mechelen - Process control support programming in CL. Including Boiler Control. - GUS based
- Eastman Chemicals - Rotterdam - Process control simulation package - To train the operators. - GUS based
- Unilever - Turkije - SOPL to CL conversion project. - The project was implemented with zero down time.
Principal Application Engineer - Honeywell PACE Brussels 1980 - 1996
- Honeywell is a process control company. The headquarters for the control industry is in Phoenix USA. The European headquarters is in Brussels. The main process control product line is called TDC3000.
- One of the controllers to control a batch process is the MultiFunction Controller or MFC. Over a period of three years I was involved in the introduction of this controller in the European Market. One of my tasks was to give customer presentations, including the preparation of a slide show. A second task was to make a demonstration system. This task included the writing of programs in SOPL. Before I could write those programs I had to learn SOPL almost on my own. As a result of my activities approximate 40 MFC's were sold in the batch market in Europe.
- Closely related to the above task was my responsibility as technical co-ordinator for all initial problems with the MFC. My main task was to combine, collect and test problems and issues from customers, subsidiaries. The second phase was to inform production (Japan) about those issues. The third phase was to test the new releases (approximate 5). As a result of these activities the errors were solved, many of the suggestions (including approximate 10 of my own) were implemented and the MFC became a huge success in Europe.
- Bromine Compounds is a chemical company in Beersheba Israel. Over a period of two years I was in charge for the implementation of three batch plants/applications with the MFC. In these projects two more application engineers were involved. The primary responsibilities included the definition of the project and process specifications. The second phase was the writing and testing of the programs. All the projects were implemented with good results. As an extra result of these projects Honeywell received orders for new plants and upgrades of existing plants.
- R525 is the name of an operator station. This includes a standard batch recipe software package. The AM is a process computer in the TDC3000 product line. Over a period of 1 year I was in charge of converting the R525 batch software package into the AM platform. The task involved the documentation, design of the system, the writing and testing of the programs in the AM and the writing of the displays. This was the first major AM application in Europe. The package was used for five more projects.
- BASF F300 is a chemical plant in Antwerp. Over a period of two years I was in charge for the implementation of a batch application with the MFC and AM. In these projects two more application engineers were involved. Starting point of the software was the package explained previously. The task to perform included the definition of the project and process specifications and the writing and testing of the programs. The project was implemented with good results. As a extra benefit of this project Honeywell received one more order from BASF for a similar plant.
- SP88 is a committee in charge of a standard for the batch process control industry. SP88 works under supervision of ISA. During 5 years I was an active member of this committee. My task was to review the standard and to give suggestions for modifications. As a result of my suggestions approximately 20 modifications were implemented in the final standard. I am still a member of this committee.
Software Group Manager - Fischer & Porter Antwerp 1977 - 1980
- Fischer & Porter is a company which makes process computers mainly in the water and waste treatment industries. Their main office is in Warminster USA. Their European head office is in Antwerp.
- Over a period of 3 years I was in charge of a small group of 2 programmers. My task was to define and discuss the detailed specifications with the customers. Those specifications were input for the 2 programmers to write and test the system programs. I was also heavily involved in those activities.
- Once a year I had to review the two programmers.
Application Engineer - Fischer & Porter Warminster USA 1974 - 1977
- Design, implementation and testing of system programs in 6 projects in the water and waste treatment industry.
Application Analyst - Control Data Corporation (CDC) Rijswijk 1971-1974
- Design, implementation and testing of programs in different
markets using the CDC process computers.
1961-1969: Electrotechnical Engineer - Technical University Eindhoven
1976 Wharton School of Business: Management Introduction course
Department Measurement and Control.
- Thesis: The development of a software package to control a hybrid
1984 TDC3000 Engineering course 2 weeks
1989 EMDC: Effective Communication
1990 EMDC: Achieving and Providing Quality Service
1994 PAC: UNIX, UxS and AxM training course
Dutch, English, German, French
Technical Recognition Award Yamateke Honeywell 1983
Customer Satisfaction Award 1993
63 years, widower, 3 children.
Physics and Astronomy
Homepage about Science and Understanding
: Royal Dutch Institute for Engineers
: Belgium Institute for Measurement, Control and Automation
: ISA Standard Committee for Batch Control Systems
Last modified: 6 October 2000
Last modified: 8 July 2005